CBD Oil and Physical Health
While CBD oil has been in the limelight for the last year or so, buzz alone is not a compelling enough reason to incorporate a new treatment into your health regimen.
Patients and researchers alike have documented some exciting results when using cannabidiol for ailments ranging from every day pain to chronic diseases.
- Pain – Pain and inflammation are the most common reasons for cannabis patients to choose CBD products. Numerous studies reveal successful results in using CBD oil to treat arthritis and other chronic pain conditions. Moreso, many patients swear by its effectiveness at relieving more minor ailments like post-workout soreness and sprains. CBD salves, applied topically, are a popular choice when using CBD.
- Acne – Because CBD reduces inflammation, we’re learning that it can also be a powerful natural alternative to clear up acne. Patients who have previously been plagued with skin issues are using topical applications like tinctures and sprays to start enjoying clearer, healthier skin.
- Diabetes – There are positive indications that CBD can decrease the risk of and control diabetes. Studies show that cannabidiol can reduce insulin levels and improve pancreatic function, among other benefits. Since patients concerned about diabetes will likely want to stay away from cannabis edibles due to their sugar content, diabetes management is a prime circumstance in which patients can include a CBD capsule or tincture into their cannabis regimen.
- Opioid Addiction – As we discussed earlier, more and more patients are choosing cannabis, and specifically CBD, as natural alternatives to prescription medications. This is excellent news, considering the all-too-prominent phenomena of addiction, overdose, and dangerous side effects of many opioid analgesics. Even more hopeful is the emerging evidence that CBD may also be a beneficial treatment to aid in recovery from opioid addiction.
- Multiple Sclerosis – Extensive research now shows that CBD oil can reduce the severe muscle spasms (known as spasticity) that torment multiple sclerosis patients, making it easier for those suffering with MS to function in their daily lives. This application has been documented and studied so thoroughly that a prescription-based, pharmaceutical grade CBD product called Sativex has recently been introduced to treat MS. Read more here.
- Epilepsy – Perhaps the most significant media exposure around the use of cannabis and CBD has been centered on its capability to reduce and control seizures in people with epilepsy, especially younger children. The World Health Organization recently released an extensive report summarizing the last 40 years of trials regarding CBD for epilepsy.
- Cancer – Last, but certainly not least, CBD oil is gaining traction as a secret weapon in the ongoing fight against cancer. Also been observed to inhibit the growth and spread of cancer cells, giving new hope to many who previously faced dismal outcomes.
ADD CBD OIL TO SUPPORT A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
While you may find yourself surrounded with hype, as well as contrary opinions by skeptics, there are too many studies and patient testimonials to deny it. CBD oil can be a helpful supplement to include in your life if you’re on a mission to improve your physical health.
Many people also swear by CBD as a treatment for mental ailments like anxiety, depression, insomnia, PTSD and even severe psychosis and schizophrenia.